Details of costs
Here are details for the cost of coming on the course and also for the accommodation that we can provide.
- Everyone pays the course fee but you can choose whether to take our accommodation or to find your own.
- Spouses / partners / children / friends who do not play in the orchestra are exempt from the course fee.
- All prices given are per person.
- It is possible to pay in instalments and/or to pay the course fee and accommodation fees separately. You could, for example, pay the course fee in Autumn 2019 and then pay the accommodation in instalments in Spring 2020. Please enquire.
- For those who have been before please note that you no longer pay Massimo Borgese for your accommodation.
- If there are fluctuations in the Sterling to Euro exchange rate the amounts quoted here may go up or down.
- Course fee = £240
- A discount of £20 is available if you pay before the end of 2019, bring a friend, are a previous participant or are a full-time student.
- A discount of £50 is available for a 3rd (or subsequent) family member when all play in the orchestra (the £20 discount mentioned above is available on top of this).
- Shared accommodation = £225 (per person)
- Single accommodation = £390
Course fee & accommodation
- Shared accommodation + course fee = £465 (per person)
- Single accommodation + course fee = £630
In addition you will need to pay the local tourist tax of €1 per person per night in cash at the end of the week.
The above figures are for six nights of accommodation (Monday to Saturday). If you want to book extra nights the cost will be £38 per night (shared), £65 (single).
If you have paid for accommodation through us you may cancel it up to 2 months in advance of the course start date for any reason. You will receive a full refund of payment made for said accommodation.
- Course fee
- If you need to cancel for health reasons you will be refunded, upon presentation of a doctor’s note, 50% of the course fee you have already paid.
- If, in the light of Covid-19, you are suffering financial problems you can, should you wish, cancel your attendance on the course and apply for a 50% refund of the course fee that you have already paid. This can be done up to 3 months in advance of the course start date.
- Course cancellation
If the course were to be cancelled any payment you have made for accommodation would be refunded. You would also have three options as far as the course fee is concerned:
- Request a full refund
- Request a partial refund
- Donate the full course fee to Sicily Music Holiday
If you are able to do either b. or c. we would be immensely grateful as you would be helping to secure the long term future of the course.
Please note that because preparatory work has already been undertaken (including – but not only – publicity and administration) which has incurred costs, it is not possible, in the event of course cancellation, to roll your fee over to next year. However, should you wish to apply to come next year you would be offered a 15% discount.
- The course fee is not transferable for any reason
- This Refund Policy will be reviewed regularly, particularly in light of the Covid-19 crisis. You will be notified of any updates.